Blueprint Career Development is keeping abreast of the latest COVID-19 information and advice to ensure actions we take to mitigate risk to our staff and students is measured and appropriate. We are closely monitoring the Australian Government Department of Health and the Smartraveller websites and other advice from QLD government agencies.
We actioning the following steps:
- Reviewing and disseminating our policies and procedures for infection control.
- Ensuring all staff and students are aware of the isolation/quarantine periods in accordance with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Providing information on when staff should not attend work.
- Providing clear information about what actions individuals should take if they become unwell or have symptoms of the virus.
- Providing regular updates and information to staff and students.
- Contingency planning to manage staff absences.
- Eliminating or minimising work travel by setting up systems that allow staff to work from home.
- Sourcing larger training rooms to allow for social distancing.
- Developing additional multimedia training resources for all qualifications to ensure a robust and engaging distance study option.
Individual Duty of Care
Staff and students also have a duty to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and to not adversely affect the health and safety of others. Individuals need to practice good hygiene and other measures to protect themselves and other against infection. This includes:
- Washing their hands often, with soap and water, or carrying hand sanitiser and using it as needed.
- Covering their mouth when coughing or sneezing, but not using their hands to do so.
- Seeing a health care professional if they start to feel unwell.
- If unwell, avoiding contact with others (including shaking hands or other touching, such as hugging).
And of course, Grandma would remind us all to get plenty of rest, fresh air, sunshine and nutritious food to give your immune system a boost.